Sunday, February 27, 2011

If it weren't for Christians, I'd be a Christian. - Ghandi

I might believe in the Redeemer if His followers looked more Redeemed. - Nietzsche

It has always seemed unfair to me that many churches (and some individual Christians) keep careful records on how many converts they make to Christianity, but never keep any record of how many they drive away from Christ. - Ray C. Stedman

Jesus did not say, "ABC. Now you're a Christian! Congratulations, now you will not burn in hell like all you scum-bags deserve."
No, Jesus said pick up your cross and follow me. Sell your possessions and leave your families. Deny yourself pleasures and riches. Repent - not because this is a salvation of works, but because this is a salvation of faith and love. I tore the vail for you on the cross. And I, the son of GOD, became sin for you.

When the gospel is stripped of glory, the result is 'christians' that lead to the above quotes.

guilty. Although the perfection I'm called to in the Bible is not achievable, that doesn't change the fact that I'm still called to strive for that.

Hard Core Convicted,
Sarah





No comments:

Post a Comment