Saturday, March 27, 2010

One of my good friends has gone away for 6 months to learn how to listen to the voice of the Holy Spirit and act upon what He says. This concentrated time with God and like-minded believers has been an awesome life-changing experience. This friend is now in Thailand, right in the middle of the Red Light District, talking face to face with people indulging in the many sins this area offers. Before leaving the U.S. to go away to Thailand for 2 months, we had an awesome phone conversation. As I heard of the exciting things God is doing and this friends boldness, I was truly inspired to become more in tune to the voice of the Holy Spirit in me. (just like my friend has learned to do. jealous.)
Being in tune to the voice of the Holy Spirit requires some discipline. It requires being able to distinguish between the voice of Satan and his demons and not acting upon my fleshly emotions and impulses. Scary stuff. On the bright side, if I'm in tune with the Holy Spirit, then I'm in tune with God--falling more in love with Him, His Word, and His guidance--learning how to love, care, and evangelize.
For some reason this is really hard for me to do consistently--maybe it's because I can't see God and have a conversation with Him face to face. Maybe the distractions of life so easily steal my attention. frustrating. The best thing I can think to do is, "Just do it!" -Nike. For me, this means consciously remind myself that I'm a child of God, He loves me, and I'm called to obey Him. Obedience is not going to be all fun and games, lollipops and puppy dogs-It's hard, requiring every bit of determination and dependence I can muster! But the the joy that comes from knowing that I'm serving my Father, pleasing Him and bettering His kingdom is totally worth it! It's humbling and amazing that God is letting me be a part of something so much bigger than myself!

No comments:

Post a Comment